Participation in the Planning Process
The Community Visioning Process
If you are wondering how you can participate in the “Our Town” Planning process, you can:
- Attend Public Meetings and provide input at Public Hearings*. Keep an eye on Basalt Town Council agendas for upcoming Our Town Planning discussions.
- Familiarize yourself with the concepts behind the Our Town Planning process on this website. The Basalt Chamber of Commerce also provides updates regarding the OTP process via its e-newsletter. Sign up for that at email@example.com
- Attend Planning and Zoning Commission meetings to follow the nuts and bolts of zoning implementation. Find P&Z agendas and packet materials by scrolling down to the bottom of the Planning Department page of the Town’s website.
- Follow along with the Parks, Open Space and Trails (POST) Committee as it works on park plans and upgrades.
- Stay tuned to the Basalt Affordable Community Housing Commission as it tackles this complicated issue.
- Read up on what communities across the nation are facing regarding downtown revitalization here.
- Send your thoughtful comments/suggestions to OurPlan@basalt.net.
- See what residents had to say in The 2014 Basalt Our Town Survey.
- *The public is always welcome to attend Town Council, POST, BACH and P&Z meetings. Public hearings are a legally mandated venue for airing your comments but please note that not all meetings are public hearings.