Downtown Area Advisory Committee
View the DAAC presentation of its Concept Plan to the Basalt Town Council and Planning & Zoning Commission (click here)
Our Town Planning Process: The Next Steps
Resolution No. 54, Series of 2014, established a Downtown Area Advisory Committee (DAAC) to help the Basalt Town Council determine plausible redevelopment scenarios for the Our Town Planning Area. The Resolution established that each Councilor would appoint a Committee member and the P&Z and Mayor’s Cabinet would each appoint two members, for a total of 10 members.
- Council Appointments: Ted Guy, Greg Shugars, Cathy Click, Steve Chase, Chris Lane, Charlie Cole*
- P&Z Appointments: Chris Touchette and Tracy Bennett
- Mayor’s Cabinet Appointments: Gerry Terwilliger and Julie Kolar
* Out of Town appointment. Resolution No. 54, Series of 2014, established that up to 2 of the Appointments could reside out of Town.
First Step – DAAC Meetings
The DAAC will meet as follows (all meetings open to the public):
Meeting Time: 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Meeting Location: Town Hall – Town Council Chambers
- Thursday, October 9th (Download Meeting Minutes PDF)
- Thursday, October 16th (Download Meeting Minutes PDF)(Dot Exercise Results)
- Thursday, October 23rd (Download Meeting Minutes)(Abundance of Choice...)(Touchette Thought Matrix)(Kolar Best Small Towns)
- Thursday, October 30th (Download Agenda Only)(Download Meeting Minutes)(Sign in Sheet)(Condon article)(Kimmel/Ehlers memo)(Semple article)
- Thursday, November 6th(Download Agenda)(Download Meeting Minutes)(Sign-in Sheet)(DT Business Owners’ Letter)
- Thursday, November 13th(Download Agenda Only)(Download Meeting Notes)(Sign-in Sheet)(Park Inventory)(Terwilliger Park Plan)(Aceto Memo)
- Thursday, November 20th(Download Agenda Only)(Download Agenda Packet)(Download Meeting Notes)(Download Condon article)(Sign-in Sheet)(River parks slideshow 32Mb)
- Thursday, December 4th(Download Agenda)(Sign-in Sheet)(Download Meeting Notes)(Kolar drawing)
- Wednesday, December 10th(Download Agenda)(Sign-in Sheet)(Download draft meeting notes)(Cole map 32MB)
- Thursday, December 18th – Presentation to Town Council and P&Z, 4:00 start time, Basalt Library(Download Agenda)(DAAC Report)(DAAC Concept Map 6 MB)
Note: The December 18th meeting will be held at the Basalt Library Community Room
Second Step – Our Town Survey
Running concurrently with the DAAC meeting schedule, the Town has contracted with ETC Institute to conduct a scientific survey which will be mailed to every household in Basalt. The survey asks about specific types of uses the community would like to see on the Pan and Fork, Clark’s Market, and Lions Park properties (See PDF Map). Results of this scientific survey will be used to augment and support the decisions of the DAAC as it reports back to the Town Council.